The Concept of Money Coins Workbooks are the basic units of money. Coins are all around us. Coins are needed for small items, such as drinks, paper, sweets, snacks and so on.
< Back to Lower Primary < Back to The Concept of Dollars & Cents
It is the first workbook (reproducible) in our MONEY series. Students get to know the concept of money and get familiar with the value of coins.
Coins are important. They are the basic units of money. Coins are all around us. Coins are needed for small items, such as drinks, paper, sweets, snacks and so on. Coins are used to pay for rides and small items at shows, fairs, fetes etc
The activities in the Money in Coins workbook encourage the child to:
• Recognise 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c and their different values
• Recognise the difference in size and value of the 5c and 50c coins
• Learn the terms cent and dollar
• Understand that coins are used in multiples to match the value of goods
• Understand that $2 is the same as two single $1 dollar coins
• Read the amounts, separating the dollars and the cents
• Recognise the decimal point as a marker between dollars and cents
• Understand the term “correct money” or enough money to pay for an item
• Realise that there are more alternatives to choose the correct coins to make a payment
To enquire about bulk discounts email us for a price.
Order for Australian schools: Please, order by email, we will invoice your school as all Australian schools have a current 30 day account.
Your satisfaction is our goal. Indeed satisfaction GUARANTEED, no conditions. Any reasonable request will be met with a reasonable solution.